Grilled Baby Potatoes with Smoked Cheese
Easy and tasty side dish to serve with any dinner.
- 1 & 1/2 pounds mixed baby red and white potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large sprigs tarragon or 1 1/2 tsp of dry tarragon
- 1 cup Oscar's Smoked Cheese Curds (available in store) or cubes of Oscar's Smoked Cheddar Cheese (online) SKU: I-G41
- 1/8 cup chopped garlic scapes or 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tbsp dried parsley
- to taste Cracked Sea Salt and Pepper
Wash the potatoes and place in a metal grilling pan with the butter/olive oil and water. Place the sprigs of tarragon over the potatoes and cover with foil. 2) If cooking indoors place the potatoes in a heavy sauce pan with medium heat and cover with a glass lid (add water if needed).
3) Cook until the potatoes are cooked (a fork or knife will easily pierce them but they should not be falling apart) - about 20-30 minutes on the grill, but start checking at 15 minutes on the stove.
4) Finely chop the garlic scapes or mince the cloves, and chop the fresh parsley.
5) Pull from the grill and while piping hot add the Oscar's Smoked Cheese, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
6) Serve as a side dish with any of Oscar's Smoked Meats.