Oscars Bacon-Cheddar Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Oscar's 3 year old cheddar cheese
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder hot or mild, according to taste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 slices Oscar's Hickory smoked bacon cooked until crisp, blotted on paper towels and finely crumbled
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chilled bacon fat
- 1/4 cup Chilled unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg beaten
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Pulse the cheese, flour, baking powder, sugar, chili powder and salt in a food processor until the cheese is well blended. Add the bacon and chives, pulse a couple of times, then add the bacon fat and butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
Combine the milk and egg, add to the processor and pulse until the mixture is moistened and begins to pull together in a ball. DO NOT OVER-MIX.
Turn the dough out on a lightly floured board and knead about 10-15 times, until the mixture no longer sticks to the board, adding a little more flour if needed, then flatten it into a circle about 1/2 inch thick. Using a sharp 3-inch round cutter, press straight down into the dough. Remove the circles without twisting the dough and place them on an oiled, parchment paper-lined, or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake until the biscuits are risen and golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove and serve warm with butter and honey and ENJOY!!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken & Smoked Blue Cheese
This Buffalo Chicken recipe sure to please all of you blue cheese lovers out there. Rich and delicious!
- 2 lbs Bonless chicken
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce OR hot sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4-1 cup Oscars Imported Hickory Smoked Blue Cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped garlic scapes
- 1/4 cup Chopped scallions *substitue for garlic scapes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Cracked pepper to taste (optional)
Chicken: Mix the buffalo sauce and mayonnaise in a bowl, place the chicken in the bowl and let marinate for 15-30 minutes.
Place the chicken on the grill at medium heat, baste occasionally with the sauce (the mayonnaise helps the hot sauce to cling to the chicken).
Grill until chicken is cooked to at least 165F all the way through.
Remove from grill and serve with blue cheese mixture.
Blue cheese mixture: In a small sauce pan melt the butter on low heat and add the blue cheese, scapes and or scallions. Allow the cheese to soften, not melt all the way.
Serve on top of hot chicken - after it's removed from the grill.
Burger Option: A delicious alternative is to baste your burger with the hot sauce mixture and top with the blue cheese mixture.